Northern Ireland Apprenticeship programmes are an excellent way to gain industry recognised and relevant qualifications alongside your work. You can continue to earn and develop practical skills in the workplace whilst gaining underpinning knowledge through ‘off the job’ training.
湖南福彩网This project is part funded through the Northern Ireland European Social Fund Programme 2014-2020 and the Department for the Economy.
To be eligible for an Apprenticeship you need to be:
- In, or about to begin, full-time employment in the Northern Ireland Food and Drink Manufacturing Sector
- Working a minimum of 21 hours per week
- Over the minimum school leaving age
To gain an Apprenticeship you must complete the following elements:
1. A competence based qualification relevant to the apprentice’s job
2. Essential Skills in Numeracy and in Literacy
湖南福彩网 3. A company induction with modules covering employment rights and responsibilities
Due to the diverse nature of the industry and depending on the needs of the employer, you may choose from a number of pathways for the competence based element of the Apprenticeship. These pathways include:
- Meat and Poultry
- Food Industry Skills
How to apply
For further information on the Apprenticeships in Food and Drink and how to apply, contact Nicola Kerr, Course Manager, on telephone 028 8676 8286 or email email@example.com